“We are what we repeatedly do. Excellence, then, is not an act but a habit.” – Aristotle
Establish Your Team
When working with companies and organizations, the focus of Excellence-In’s Strategic Asset Value Enhancement™ (SAVE) Program centers around the creation of what I call “Excellence Teams.” In brief, Excellence Teams are comprised of a select group of employees who meet on a regular basis to accomplish the seven critical elements of business growth and enhanced success:
- Master the 12 essential components of leadership – each of which is critical to developing high-performance teams (especially in the area of effective communication)
- Develop a culture of full engagement focused on continual improvement
- Creation of vision and mission statements, and establishing common goals
- Examination and analysis of critical challenges currently slowing your organization’s growth and success
- Design of results-driven solutions (development and implementation)
- Conduct follow through – i.e., accountability and performance measurements
- Initiate and execute systems to increase employee engagement in becoming peak performers
Consider what Dr. Jim Loehr, Chairman and Co-Founder of the Human Performance Institute, said about employee engagement in the workplace:
“To be fully engaged [in our work] we must be physically energized, emotionally connected, mentally focused and spiritually aligned with a purpose beyond our immediate self-interest. Full engagement begins with feeling eager to get to work in the morning, [and concludes with being] equally happy to return home in the evening . . . It means being able to immerse yourself in the mission you are on, whether that is grappling with a creative challenge at work, managing a group of people on a project, spending time with loved ones, or simply having fun.”
“Less than 30 percent of American workers are fully engaged at work, according to data collected by the Gallup organization in early 2001. Some 55 percent are ‘not engaged.’ Another 19 percent are ‘actively disengaged,’ meaning not just that they are unhappy at work, but that they regularly share those feelings with colleagues. The costs of a disengaged workforce run into the trillions of dollars. Worse yet, the longer employees stay with organizations, the less engaged they become. Gallup found that after six months on the job, only 38 percent of employees remain engaged. After three years, the figure drops to 22 percent.” (Adapted from “The Power of Full Engagement” by J. Loehr & T. Schwartz)
To facilitate full engagement among all employees, and develop a solid corps of strong leaders, Excellence Teams are usually comprised of managers, supervisors, owners, etc. who, ideally, meet on a weekly basis (although this may vary depending on a company’s operational requirements).
Focus on Results-Driven Solutions
Two of the most profitable investments a company can make are: 1) programs designed to increase the most critical resource businesses have – human energy; and 2) expanding the knowledge base of their managers and supervisors. A skilled, energized, dynamic manager multiplies his or her performance by enhancing the productivity of each member of their team.
In every business one of the biggest ongoing questions is “Do we have the right people?” And if you are uncertain about the quality of certain team members, it is difficult to make the decision to invest time and money in programs designed to increase their value and develop a peak performance culture.
My response to this quandary is that no company can afford to delay investing in their employees.
Here’s why: Once you initiate Excellence-In’s Strategic Asset Value Enhancement™ (SAVE) Program and engage your employees in creating an Excellence Team, you will be providing them with the tools they need to become their best and increase your company’s success. To use a couple of old phases, the cream will rise to the top and the weeds will expose themselves and be removed. In a relatively short period, trust, respect, and effective communications will increase along with productivity and efficiency. These elements of high-performance teams alone will help to increase profitability and generate a return on investment.
Once an organization creates an Excellence Team and begins developing a fully engaged culture of peak performers focused on continual improvement, here is what you can expect.
You will experience the following benefits:
- Decreased staff demands on upper management’s time
- Increased loyalty & reduced turnover
- Increased morale leading to higher energy
- Increased productivity & profitability
You will feel the power of full engagement:
- Every team member will become more fully engaged in fulfilling their job responsibilities
- Your entire team will become completely immersed in the pursuit of excellence
- Achieving your immediate and long-term goals will become more real to you than ever before!
Companies who initiate Excellence-In’s Strategic Asset Value Enhancement™ (SAVE) Program, fully commit to creating an Excellence Team, and dedicate themselves to developing a peak performance culture focused on continual improvement will experience:
- A significant increase in their company’s overall performance
- A more fully engaged workforce, increased loyalty, and reduced turnover
- Enhanced productivity
- An increase in profits